Nelson at its Best has a vision that our community has sufficient wealth and goodwill for everyone to have the resources, and voice they need to engage meaningfully and with dignity in community. As a result of this vision, Nelson at its Best initiated and continues to work on creating a community structure to focus attention and action on eradicating poverty in our city. Nelson at its Best:
· is actively looking to engage and give voice to people experiencing poverty
· promotes human rights-based approaches in responding to poverty.
· recognizes the need for innovation and systems change and is willing to pilot new ideas
· knows that ending poverty requires solutions that can be easily replicated and scaled up
· believes that everyone in community must be involved for change to happen
· operates as a network rather than as an institution
Can poverty be ended? What needs to happen?